Weekly Photo

Weekly Photo
Orange

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Besties

My best friend Jess flew in from California last weekend for a girl's weekend.  Considering all the shit that's been going on over the last YEAR, it couldn't have happened at a better time.  We've been best friends since we were in high school and although she's lived in California for the last billion years we still are as close as we were as teenagers.

Here's what I've learned (or had forgotten and was reminded of) about Jess when she visited this weekend:
  • When, after a long day of travelling, she is told that she can neither flush the toilet or have a shower because of an unfortunate hot water tank leak, she will accept it with unquestioningly good humour.
  • She will spend an entire day of her vacation hanging out with me and a random plumber without complaining once.
  • She still gets up at an ungodly early hour (I now know what 5:30 looks like on a Saturday morning...).
  • She never lies.  I mean, she was never much of a liar to begin with but over the years she's honed her craft of never lying.  So, when you ask her what she thinks of your pants you'd better be ready for the truth.
  • She will sit for hours while you attempt to perfect the waterfall braid on her hair.
  • She loves sushi as much as I do.
  • My dogs love her more than they love me.
  • When I suddenly announce in the middle of Home Depot that we can only talk in British accents she will immediately start speaking in an English accent.  Even in front of the sales clerk who 3 seconds earlier heard us speaking without an English accent.
  • She can do an awesome British accent.
  • She has many nicknames.
  • She thinks Charlotte the giant spider who lives on my deck, is as cool as I think she is.
  • Her patience for my random "burst into songs" habit rivals Harold's.
  • When I suddenly announce we will now be referring to Harold as "Hal" and only "Hal" she will participate with great enthusiasm.
  • She will finish my left-over wine when the situation calls for it.
  • She has a "Canadian" purse and an "American" purse.
  • She still has to sit on her suitcase to zip it up.
  • She will go on a late-night DQ Blizzard run with me.
  • She knows immediately when I don't like someone - even when that person has no clue.
  • French fries make her tummy hurt.
  • When my asshole cat welcomes her to the house by pooping at the end of her bed, she will giggle when she steps in the asshole cat's poop.
  • She is as amused by the term "Pea to the Nut" as I am.
  • She makes me laugh so hard my ribs hurt for days afterwards.
  • She is, and always will be, one of the most beautiful girls I know.

(Also - big shout-out to "Hal" for putting up with our giggling, annoying selves for three days)

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Feelin the love over here! And all that love back at ya girlie! Hee hee - it was awesome! I miss you terribly already!!! And I second the shout-out to Hal. :D

    ReplyDelete