Weekly Photo

Weekly Photo
Orange

Friday 16 March 2012

Food Waste Friday

Every Friday I participate in The Frugal Girl's Food Waste Friday.  We post pictures of the food we wasted during the week.

So our second week of Food Waste Friday wasn't as successful as our first week was.
I brought my lunch bag home and although I mentioned it to Ben in the car on the way home, neither of us remembered there was food left over from my lunch.  It sat overnight and in the morning when Ben opened my lunch bag he discovered this sad little sight:




Strawberries, broccoli and a Yop.  I'll admit it - the Yop stung.  I love drinkable yoghurt and at a $1.00 a bottle, it feels like much more of a waste than the berries and broccoli.

Also, I'm a little concerned that Ben is taking this "THERE WILL BE NO FOOD WASTE ON MY WATCH" a little too seriously.  Yesterday he ate an apple that looked seriously questionable.  Apparently it had zero taste.  As Ben said "I've never eaten an apple that didn't taste like anything."

Yes, I am accepting bets on how long it is until Ben gives himself food poisoning.

So, how did you do this week?



FoodWasteFriday

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! We did good over at Chez Wright. I'm with Ben on the apple, I too would have eaten it - if only to see what indeed it did taste like. We're pretty robust us humans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny. My husband would have eaten it too. I might have cut it open and checked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are way braver than I am. I just LOOKED at the apple he was taking in his lunch and tried to convince him it was worth the food waste. I have a super-sensitive stomach though so maybe that's why I'm a bit more cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a healthy lunch you packed. We all forget things like that. Otherwise, a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about leaving lunch out. I hate when I go to pack my hubs lunch in the morning and realize he didn't finish the day's before and it's still in there. Yuck! Still, you didn't any waste other than your oops moment. I'd say it's a good week.

    ReplyDelete